HP 5406R 16Sfp+ V3 Zl2 Swch
Power and Innovation For Your Digital Workplace
The Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series is an industry-leading mobile campus access solution with HPE Smart Rate multi-gigabit ports for high-speed connectivity for the latest 802.11ac devices. It brings enterprise-class resiliency and true flexibility, security and scalability to mobile campus networks.
Based on the 6th generation ProVision ASIC, the Aruba 5400R has a high-speed, high-capacity architecture with 2 Tbps crossbar switching fabric with low 2.1µ latency and built-in programmable and easy to use REST API interface that provides configuration automation for Mobile-first campus networks.
Resiliency and High Availability at the Edge
The Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series using the sixth generation ProVision ASIC delivers wire-speed classification and policy enforcement. This hardware-based control of access and traffic allows protection, detection and response to network threats with no network performance degradation.
Uninterrupted switching and routing for improved support of applications such as unified communications and enhanced L3 high availability.
Supports virtual router redundancy protocol (VRRP) allowing groups of two routers to dynamically back each other up to create highly available router environments in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
Robust Security and Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS)
The Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series includes a robust set of security and quality of services features to build a network that meets ever-changing corporate policies and compliances.
Flexible authentication options include 802.1X, MAC and Web delivering greater policy-driven application security. Industry standard MACsec provides link-level encryption security between two points using copper or fiber links (available on select modules only).
Advanced distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection, such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and ARP Protection, and flexible traffic controls, such as policy-based routing, QoS, and ACLs, manage end-to-end application priorities.
Powerful multilevel-access security controls, such as varying security management login, RADIUS/TACACS+, and SSH for safe control change management access. Defend the edge of your IPv6 network with DHCPv6 Protection and Dynamic IPv6 Lockdown.
Simplify with Integrated Wired/Wireless Management
The Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series supports Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager for unified and consistent policy between wired and wireless users and simplifies implementation and management of guest login, user onboarding, network access, security, QoS, and other network policies.
Supports Aruba Airwave to provide common platform for Zero-Touch Provisioning management, and monitoring for wired and wireless network devices.
RMON, XRMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
Aruba Central cloud-based management platform offers simple, secure, and cost effective way to manage switches.
- Aruba 5406R 16-port SFP+ (No PSU) v3 zl2 Switch provides two 8-port 10GbE SFP+ modules installed in a 5406R 6-slot chassis. It has four open slots.
- (16) open 10GbE SFP+ transceiver slots
- (4) open module slots
- Supports a maximum of 144 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports or 144 SFP ports or 48 SFP+ ports or 48 HPE Smart Rate Multi-Gigabit or 12 40GbE ports, or a combination
Memory and processor
- Freescale P2020 dual core @ 1.2 GHz
- 16 MB flash
- 1 GB SD Card
- 4 GB DDR3 SODIMM
- 1000 Mb Latency: < 2.8 µs
- 10 Gbps Latency: < 1.8 µs
- 40 Gbps Latency: < 1.5 µs
- up to 571.4 Mpps
- 960 Gbps
Switch fabric speed
- 1015 Gbps
- Aruba AirWave Network Management
- Aruba Central
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- Command-line interface
- Web browser
- Configuration menu
- Out-of-band management (RJ-45 Ethernet)
- SNMP manager
- Out-of-band management (serial RS-232C or micro USB)
- 110 - 127 / 200 - 240 VAC, rated
- 2450 BTU/hr (2584.75 kJ/hr)
Product dimensions (H x W x D)
17.5 x 17.75 x 6.9 in
- Limited Lifetime Warranty: See www.hpe.com/networking/warrantysummary for warranty and support information included with your product purchase.
- refer to www.hpe.com/networking/warrantysummary.