Lenovo Ts460 E3-1240V6 (1/1) , 8Gb(1/4), 3.5" Hs(0/4), 450W(1/2), Sr121I, 1Yr
The Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 is the ideal server for small and medium businesses, remote or branch offices, and retail environments. It features the latest Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v6 product family with four cores and support for up to 64 GB of 2400 MHz TruDDR4 UDIMM memory. Up to 96 TB of internal enterprise-class storage supports storage-intensive workloads, such as office applications, web, e-mail and file and print serving, and provides growth capacity.
This product guide provides essential presales information to understand the ThinkServer TS460 offering, its key features and specifications, components and options, and configuration guidelines.
The Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 is the ideal server for small and medium businesses, remote or branch offices, and retail environments. It features the latest Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v6 product family with four cores and support for up to 64 GB of 2400 MHz TruDDR4 UDIMM memory. Also, it offers an integrated dual-port 1 GbE NIC and additional PCIe expansion slots for advanced RAID protection, network scalability (including 10 GbE network connectivity), and external storage connectivity (SAS or iSCSI). Up to 96 TB of internal enterprise-class storage supports storage-intensive workloads, such as office applications, web, e-mail and file and print serving, and provides growth capacity.
Figure 1. Lenovo ThinkServer TS460
The ThinkServer TS460 is a tower server that has been optimized to provide enterprise-class features to growing small-to-medium-sized businesses, retail stores, and distributed enterprises.
Scalability and performance
The ThinkServer TS460 offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- The Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v6 improves productivity by offering affordable single-socket system performance with 4-core processors with up to 3.9 GHz core speeds and up to 8 MB cache.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 allows processor cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor thermal design power (TDP).
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
Availability and serviceability
The ThinkServer TS460 provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- The server supports UDIMM memory with ECC protection which provides error correction not available in PC-class "servers" that use parity memory. Avoiding system crashes (and data loss) due to soft memory errors means greater system uptime.
- Tool-less cover removal provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts, such as memory and adapter cards.
- A choice of affordable onboard SATA RAID or advanced hardware RAID redundancy offers data protection and greater system uptime.
Manageability and security
Powerful systems management features simplify local and remote management of the ThinkServer TS460:
- ThinkServer Management Module monitors server availability and enables administrators to perform remote management.
- An integrated industry-standard Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) enables improved setup, configuration, and updates, and simplifies error handling.
- The ThinkServer EasyStartup tool simplifies the process of configuring RAID and installing supported Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems, VMware hypervisors, and device drivers on a ThinkServer system.
The ThinkServer TS460 offers the following energy-efficiency features to save energy, reduce operational costs, increase energy availability, and contribute to a green environment:
- 80 PLUS Gold-certified power supplies enable greater energy savings while providing flexibility to meet your business needs.
- The ThinkServer Power Planner tool provides information about the power consumption and electric current calculation for the different configurations of servers and other devices, which helps plan deployment of servers and devices in an efficient way.
- Intel Intelligent Power Capability powers individual processor elements on and off as needed, to reduce power draw.
|Controller Type:||Serial ATA/600|
|RAID Levels:||0, 1, 5, 10|
|Display & Graphics|
|Graphics Controller Manufacturer:||ASPEED|
|Graphics Controller Model:||AST2400|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||70TT003PAZ|
|Manufacturer Website Address:||http://www3.lenovo.com/au/en|
|Manufacturer:||Lenovo Group Limited|
|Product Name:||ThinkServer TS460 70TT003PAZ Server|
|Hot Swappable Bays:||Yes|
|Number of 3.5" Bays:||4|
|Number of External 5.25" Bays:||2|
|Number of Total Expansion Bays:||6|
|Maximum Memory:||64 GB|
|Memory Technology:||DDR4 SDRAM|
|Number of Total Memory Slots:||4|
|Standard Memory:||8 GB|
|Network & Communication|
|Ethernet Technology:||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Weight (Approximate):||26.50 kg|
|Input Voltage:||120 V AC|
|230 V AC|
|Maximum Power Supply Wattage:||450 W|
|Number of Power Supplies Supported:||2|
|Processor & Chipset|
|Number of Processors Installed:||1|
|Number of Processors Supported:||1|
|Processor Core:||Quad-core (4 Core)|
|Processor Model:||E3-1240 v5|
|Processor Speed:||3.50 GHz|